Car Depreciation Calculator
This calculator estimates what the car you are buying (or the car you own now) will be worth at some future point. To use it:
- In "Car Price," enter the total price of the car when it was purchased.
- In "Yr. Old When Purchased" enter the number of years old the car is now. Enter any whole or decimal number (e.g., 1, 2, 3, or 1.1, 2.2, 3.3, etc.). If the car was purchased new, enter 0.
- In "Age of Car At Time of Estimated Value," enter the car's age (in years) at which you want its estimated value. Example: If you want the car's value when it is six and a half years old, enter "6.5."
- Do not use commas.
Then press "Compute" and look for two things:
- The estimated depreciation on the car ("Car Depreciation") from the time it was new (whether or not you bought it then) until the age at which you asked for its projected value.
- The estimated value of the car at the age of the car you specified.